𝒫𝒾𝒸𝓈 𝑜𝓇 𝒾𝓉 𝒹𝒾𝒹𝓃’𝓉 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝓃!
Back in April, I did a poll and asked brides where they spent most of their wedding budget. Unsurprisingly, a staggering 40% said ‘Photography and Videography’. Another 27% said just photography.
So, I can not stress enough how important it is to carefully chose your photographers/videographers. Because honestly, what’s worse than money wasted are memories captured in blurry images!
So before you say YES to your Wedding Photographers do ask:
- Are you available on my wedding date?
- Are you the photographer who will shoot my wedding?
- Do you have any assistant/second shooter with you on the day?
- How many other weddings will you photograph that day/weekend?
- How far in advance do I have to book?
- Do you often shoot weddings that have similar size and style to the ones we are planning?
- If your style is mostly candid, will I still get formal, posed portraits (or vice versa)?
- Can I give you a list of specific shots that we like?
- Will the photos be retouched or color balanced?
- Can we see the full galleries of a few of your recent weddings?
- May I have a list of references or links to reviews?
- MUST: Do your own research about reviews from recent customers!
- Have you worked with any of our vendors/suppliers or coordinator?
Pricing & Packages
- What is the total fee (including gst)?
- How much deposit is required and when is it due?
- What packages do you offer and can it be customized?
- How much do you charge for overtime?
- What is your refund/cancellation policy?
- What time will you arrive at the site?
- How will you (and your assistants) be dressed?
- Can you recommend a timeline for posed portraits (wedding preparation/sunset shots)?
- Do you have backup photographers who will shoot the wedding if you are sick?
- Do you have a backup equipment?
Product: Digital & Prints
- How many final images should I expect to receive?
- How long after the wedding will the digital and printed images be available?
- For digital images, will it be available online or delivered to us (via usb)?
- Can we order prints/albums from you?
- Do you help with styling and creating albums?
Most photographers will have a FAQ page or will refer you to their package lists. But do keep extra attention to the questions I highlighted above.
Remember, before you sign the contract… ASK! ASK! ASK!
From personal experience, it is truly worth investing on wedding photographers/videographers (sigh) -now I’ll save that story for another post!